Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thinking About Family


I'm just thinking today of how blessed I have been with the family God has given me. The picture on the left was taken Christmas Eve. Pictured in the front row are my son-in-law Bert Mannhalter, our daughter Rachel, their dog, Tojo, our son, Joe and his dog, Jack. On the back row left to right are myself, our son, Steve, my mother-in-law, Myrtle Asper, my Mom, Jan Bradley, my wife and best friend, Debi, our dogs, Tilly and Molly, our son, Ben, and his girlfriend, Bri. Not pictured is our oldest son, Andy, who died in 1997, but though we miss him we know we will be with him again one day. Life moves so fast these days that it is easy to not enjoy and cherish the lives of the ones we are closest to. Dear Lord, please help me slow down enough this year to make note of, and enjoy, what's going on in the lives of the family you've blessed me with. In God's Unshakable and Extravagant love. Mike

1 comment:

  1. So true. We often get so focused on our Christian brothers and sisters, and our ministries that we forget to nurture and relish the family God has given us. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete